Today I share the tool kit and tips that have helped streamline distance learning at my school. Scroll down to see the list of links and listen to the show to hear how I'm using these tools with teachers and students.
Listen to the 21 Tools I Use to Manage Distance Learning
- Listen to the show on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher
- Stream by clicking here.
Subscribe to the Show
Get Credit! Some schools, districts, and organizations allow credit for listening to podcasts. Whether they do or don’t, to get the most out of listening you can use this Podcast PD Template Hyperdoc. Just make a copy and adapt it for your use or print it. If you don’t have Google Docs, just use this PDF.
- Google Classroom (Use Guardian Summaries and sync with your Student Information System)
- Zoom (How I use help desk, breakout rooms and keep it safe – stay tuned for a security episode tomorrow)
- Google Slides
- Google Sites
- Adobe Premiere Pro with a hat tip to Renderforest
- Minecraft Edu
- Google Sheets with a hat tip to their Filter Views
- Google Docs
- Marco Polo
- Class Dojo
- Read/Write Toolbar with Voice Commenting (remember Equatio for math teachers)
- A paper tool – super sticky Post-It Notes (I like the 1 7/8 x 1 7/8)
What are your favorite tools! Share them with me on Twitter!
Vicki Davis is a classroom teacher and an Instructional Technology Director. She blogs at the Cool Cat Teacher Blog and hosts this podcast. See www.coolcatteacher.com/bio for her full bio.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.
We’ve found many of these to be very helpful for us as well at Traders Point Christian Schools. I’ve been especially appreciative of the trial offers from:
as well as others that aren’t listed here:
3. Legends of Learning
4. Education Perfect
6. Soundtrap for Education
Thanks for sharing, Thomas. So many great ones! You’re one of my go-to friend and helpers. I haven’t heard of Education Perfect. Will take a look.
Thank you for those tools! I use a many of the tools posted and I am looking forward to using the new ideas.
Why do you use Classroom and Renweb LMS. Isn’t that redundancy. What are the advantages of using both.
We are using Gsuite and the LMS. What are we missing out on?
We are using the Renweb SIS, not LMS. I don’t think the Renweb LMS is very strong but that is just my opinion.