Risk taking is not a bad word. If we want to help students read, write, and learn anything – we have to learn to take risks. But how can we understand what risks are worth taking? How can principals, teachers, and students learn how to take acceptable risks? From routine busting to reflection, George Couros, author of the Innovator’s Mindset helps us understand the risks and rewards of great teaching.
Show Notes: Innovative Teachers Take These Risks, Not Those
- What risks are acceptable in schools?
- What does George think about teachers who are getting rid of their desks?
- How can we change our routine without throwing out our beloved best practices?
- What time of day should teachers be reflecting?
Educator Resources from this Episode
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)