First-rate teachers value parents. Jumpstart positive parent partnerships from day one. Show parents how much they matter. Principal Amy Fadeji and Superintendent Joe Sanfelippo have a collection of simple ideas that can work any time. It is never too late to start improving your relationship with parents!
- How to Connect. Four ways Amy encourages teachers to connect with parents. (Check out our show sponsor Bloomz too!)
- First contact. First-rate teachers value parents. Jumpstart positive parent partnerships from day one. Show parents how much they matter. Principal Amy Fadeji and Superintendent Joe Sanfelippo have a collection of simple ideas. Joe stresses the first contact with the parent should be positive. He has a method that seemed like more work the first time they did it. Now teachers do it willingly. It makes a huge difference.
- Fab Fridays. How Joe ends every Friday on a positive note with five important phone calls.
- Helping Parents Love Phone Calls from the Principal. Amy has a fantastic idea. Her teachers give her information that lets her make positive phone calls to parents. Parents don’t dread a phone call from the principal now.
- Make Social Media Work for You. How to use social media to help improve perception of your school in the community.
- I made some of the best quotes into images at the bottom. Take them to share on social media.
- More solutions…
Don’t just plan lessons. Plan for positive parent relationships. Set up communications. Two-way. Pave the way with positivity. Take time to be kind. Share this show with superintendents, principals, and teachers. If isn’t the start of the year for you, it is never too late to start again.
- Amy Fadeji’s YouTube Channel for Her School
- Joe Sanfelippo’s district website
- Joe’s Podcast: BrandEd
- Bloomz is your one-stop solution for parent-teacher communications. More than just connecting with their cell phones, you can send long or short messages. You can send pictures and links. You can even coordinate volunteer schedules, donations, and parent teacher conferences. I’m using Bloomz in my classroom.