Writing should be exciting. You can teach writing skills with powerful multimedia based prompts and ideas, a global audience, and easy to use tools. John Spencer has the data to show that kids write more using this method.
- How can reluctant writers get excited about writing?
- Why we should use multimedia writing IDEAS (not prompts.)
- The big question that should be asked BEFORE writing (but most people don’t.)
- Why we shouldn’t dictate student writing topics and instead, give them choices.
- Why sometimes less technology inspires more creativity.
If you teach writing to any age student, you’ll want to hear what 14-year teacher and now college professor John Spencer
- What is Design Thinking? Can it work in my classroom? by John Spencer
- Larry Ferlazzo “The Best Web-based tools for Teaching” Episode 131
- John Spencer’s Write about App
- Student Shark Tank
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines by Copyblogger
- follow @spencerideas on twitter
Download a Free Sample of Jennifer Gonzalez's Technology for Teachers 2016
Here's a PDF with some favorite apps and new ones too. Thanks Jennifer Gonzalez for creating this freebie just for Cool Cat Teacher Readers.
This PDF includes Storybird, Kahoot, Google Drive, Formative and Trello. See if the Teacher's Guide to Tech is Right for You!