What is the secret to effective online project based learning? How can we get kids excited about writing? Nancy White shares how. She reflects upon two big projects. Nancy had one that worked well. She had another one that floundered. What was the difference? Apply Nancy’s principles and have better online writing today.
Important Takeaways- Project Based Learning: Teaching Students to Be Great Curators
- How an army of retired educators made an enormous difference in student writing.
- The importance of the first few days of student blogging.
- How students can be curators.
- The secret of inquiry-based learning.
- Something Nancy says that confirms Vicki’s same experience with student blogging.
Nancy White’s candid reflections on student writing apply to all online student projects. The audience is a vital part of online work. What you do in the first few days makes a big difference.
Educator Resources and Links from the Show
- Students as Curators Blog Post by Nancy White
- Ronald Bonstetter’s Student Inquiry Paper and Chart
Great quotes from the show you can share…
Get an ePortfolio Sample in your inbox
Love project based learning but don't know where to start? This eportfolio sample is an example of something I'm sending to my newsletter with this post.
Don't miss out. Sign up now and I'll send you a copy of this eportfolio sample I've used with my ninth grade Computer Fundamentals course.
(If you're already on my newsletter, don't worry, I'm sending this to my email list with a copy of this post.)