What is the secret to effective online project based learning? How can we get kids excited about writing? Nancy White shares how. She reflects upon two big projects. Nancy had one that worked well. She had another one that floundered. What was the difference? Apply Nancy’s principles and have better online writing today.
Important Takeaways- Project Based Learning: Teaching Students to Be Great Curators
- How an army of retired educators made an enormous difference in student writing.
- The importance of the first few days of student blogging.
- How students can be curators.
- The secret of inquiry-based learning.
- Something Nancy says that confirms Vicki’s same experience with student blogging.
Nancy White’s candid reflections on student writing apply to all online student projects. The audience is a vital part of online work. What you do in the first few days makes a big difference.
Educator Resources and Links from the Show
- Students as Curators Blog Post by Nancy White
- Ronald Bonstetter’s Student Inquiry Paper and Chart
Great quotes from the show you can share…
Download a Free Sample of Jennifer Gonzalez's Technology for Teachers 2016
Here's a PDF with some favorite apps and new ones too. Thanks Jennifer Gonzalez for creating this freebie just for Cool Cat Teacher Readers.
This PDF includes Storybird, Kahoot, Google Drive, Formative and Trello. See if the Teacher's Guide to Tech is Right for You!