Productivity expert Dr. Frank Buck teaches us how to select the productivity tools to stay organized. Learn these seven productivity secrets to getting organized. Face it, educators have unique challenges and needs. In this show, Frank shares his “Magnificent 7” or the seven questions you should ask before you pick an electronic tool.
Productivity is a passion and hobby for Frank. If you’re struggling or know someone with a messy desk, listen to this show (or buy Frank’s book) to help them get organized.
Sometimes we have amazing people in charge; they just have horrible organizational systems. Post it notes – lists that they lose and write again and re-lose. These heroes are in hiding. They are hiding behind poor planning. We can unleash them by showing them systems that WORK.
If you care, share. We need great leaders who love kids. If they have that — they’re halfway there. But lots of leaders love children but can’t remember to show up for a meeting. None of us are born organized. And there are times we have to level up or get knocked down. If you know someone struggling with planning and organizing — help them by pointing them in Dr. Buck’s direction (or at least some direction of someone who knows how to organize!)
Essential Questions: 7 Productivity Secrets for Educators with Dr. Frank Buck
- The one productivity secret for school leaders.
- How paper and electronic tools need to work together.
- The only file folders you need for organizing your paperwork.
- What are the seven questions you ask about any productivity tool?
- How to use Evernote with your classroom observations.
- The two habits effective educators do every day.
Educator Resources from this Episode
- Get Organized: Time Management for School Leaders by Dr. Frank Buck
- The Enhanced Tickler File by Dr. Frank Buck
- Toodledo (Frank uses this one)
- Omnifocus (Vicki uses this one)
- Microsoft One Note – a tool for those using many Microsoft tools
Download a Free Sample of Jennifer Gonzalez's Technology for Teachers 2016
Here's a PDF with some favorite apps and new ones too. Thanks Jennifer Gonzalez for creating this freebie just for Cool Cat Teacher Readers.
This PDF includes Storybird, Kahoot, Google Drive, Formative and Trello. See if the Teacher's Guide to Tech is Right for You!