Six-year-olds can blog. Canadian first-grade teacher Kathy Cassidy has long shown us the way as she has been blogging with six and seven-year-olds successfully for many years. She shares her secrets of keeping kids safe, helping them build a portfolio and the workflow for helping kids become independent bloggers.
Show Notes: How to Safely Connect Six year Olds to the World
- What kinds of things can six-year-olds share online?
- How can you keep kids safe online? (And how parents sometimes compromise their own child’s security and what she does about it.)
- How, when and if corrections should be made to student work.
- Why young children need a portfolio.
Educator Resources from this Episode
- Mrs. Cassidy’s Classroom Blog
- Connected from the Start: Global Learning in the Primary Grades by Kathy Cassidy
Get an ePortfolio Sample in your inbox
Love project based learning but don't know where to start? This eportfolio sample is an example of something I'm sending to my newsletter with this post.
Don't miss out. Sign up now and I'll send you a copy of this eportfolio sample I've used with my ninth grade Computer Fundamentals course.
(If you're already on my newsletter, don't worry, I'm sending this to my email list with a copy of this post.)