Carla Arena is an accomplished language teacher from Brazil. As an expert on teaching languages, she shares her tips and tricks for engaging learners in the language classroom. Do you struggle with learners of different ability levels? How about when kids sit in class not understanding and don’t ask questions? Even worse, kids who struggle but choose to disrupt — how do you handle this? Carla has great advice for helping language teachers with all of these struggles. Listen now.
Essential Questions: Teaching Languages: Great Tools, Tips and Techniques
- The technology tools that language teachers love.
- Carla’s favorite technology for the language classroom.
- The importance of checkpoints in the language classroom.
- How Carla creates checkpoints in her classroom.
- Carla’s words to the frustrated language teacher who is lonely and burning out.
Educator Resources from this Episode with Carla Arena
- Google Docs and Google Forms [See 100+ Great Google Classroom Resources for Educatorsfor formative assessment ideas like Carla mentions in this show.]
- Padlet [See how to use How to Use Padlet: A Fantastic Tool for Teaching.]
Download a Free Sample of Jennifer Gonzalez's Technology for Teachers 2016
Here's a PDF with some favorite apps and new ones too. Thanks Jennifer Gonzalez for creating this freebie just for Cool Cat Teacher Readers.
This PDF includes Storybird, Kahoot, Google Drive, Formative and Trello. See if the Teacher's Guide to Tech is Right for You!