"The greatest awards I have ever received are the faces and places that line the halls of a life well lived"
ISTE Online Learning Award 2006
Recognizing our first project.
Cool Cat Teacher™ Blog
Best Teacher Blog Edublog Award
Edublog Lifetime Achievement Nominee, Shortlist 2010
World Innovation Summit for Education
Flat Classroom™ Project SHORT-LISTED (September 2009) for a World Innovation Summit for Education award in the pluralism section. http://www.wise-qatar.org/
Online Learning Award from International Society of Technology Educators
Flat Classroom™ Project FIRST PLACE in the SIGTel Online Learning Awards for 2007. Special Interest Group Telelearning is part of ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education). The SIGTel Online Learning Awards recognize international innovation.
Best Collaborative Learning Project - Taking IT Global
Flat Classroom™ ProjectFIRST PLACE in the Taking IT Global collaborative project contest 2007
Education Innovators Award
"The Education Innovators Award was created to recognize the top resources on the Internet that parallel the same goals of promoting the expansion of learning into new and innovative formats. The following websites have shown commitment to the advancement of education and we’d like to commend their efforts and applaud their devotion."
2009 Best Use of a Social Network in Education
Edublog Awards for Best Wiki
Edublog award nominations are a short list of worthy candidates as determined by voting, nominations, and review by the Edublog Awards. Here are the awards won by wikis I've co-created:
Other Recognitions of Note
- Guests on the ISTE Eduverse Talks show, April 2009. Filmed and broadcast from Second Life, the series highlights innovations in educational technology, in both real life and Second Life. http://www.iste-eduverse.org/blog/iste-eduverse-talks-episode-5.html
- Keynote presenters for K12 Online Conference 2008 in the 'Kicking it up a notch' section. http://k12onlineconference.org/?p=293
- Included in Thomas Friedman's 3rd edition of The World is Flat, (Julie and Vicki collaborated with Friedman online to write the excerpt in the chapter called 'If it's not happening then it's because you're not doing it')
- featured extensively in ISTE's recent book publication Reinventing Project Based Learning: Your field guide to real-world projects in the digital age by Suzie Boss and Jane Krauss
- Featured in the book by Laurence Peters 'Global Education: Using Technology to Bring the World to Your Students'
- Featured in the book by Curtis Bonk ‘The World is Open: How Web technology is Revolutionizing Education’
- The Horizon Project