How do we know our students have mastered the standards we are supposed to teach? Assessment coach Garnett Hillman helps us understand how our assessments tools and methods need to change. (We might even learn that we don’t have to grade so much and get better results.) Garnet shares seven assessment tools and tips to help us know what students are learning.
- What are the most common mistakes teachers make when assessing students?
- How can you improve your current assessments to better meet standards?
- Why should formative assessments be more reflective?
- Why just giving number grades as feedback doesn’t work and what to do instead.
- How can you grade less and get better results?
Get an ePortfolio Sample in your inbox
Love project based learning but don't know where to start? This eportfolio sample is an example of something I'm sending to my newsletter with this post.
Don't miss out. Sign up now and I'll send you a copy of this eportfolio sample I've used with my ninth grade Computer Fundamentals course.
(If you're already on my newsletter, don't worry, I'm sending this to my email list with a copy of this post.)